Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 195
. Personal Supervision.
next: Section 210
. Purpose of AS 08.40.210
AS 08.40.200. Definitions.
In AS 08.40.005
- (1) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (2) "electrical administrator" means a person who is responsible for
- (A) installing or repairing electrical wiring, conduits, devices, fixtures, equipment, or other electrical materials for
transmitting, using, or consuming electrical energy; or
- (B) certifying that an installation or repair described in (A) of this paragraph complies with applicable electrical
- (3) "electrical wiring" means and includes wiring, fixtures, conduits, appliances, devices, equipment, overhead or
underground wiring systems, or other equipment in connection with the general distribution or utilization of electrical
- (4) "manufacture" means fabrication or completion of a product or electrical apparatus exclusive of its completion or
installation at a job site;
- (5) "utility" means every corporation (whether public, cooperative or otherwise), company, individual, or association of
individuals, their lessees, trustees, or receivers appointed by a court, that owns, operates, manages, or controls any
plant or system for
- (A) furnishing, by generation, transmission or distribution, electrical service to the public for compensation;
- (B) furnishing telecommunications service to the public for compensation.
Article 02. LICENSING AND REGULATION OF MECHANCIAL ADMINISTRATORS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.