Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 190. Exclusions.
previous: Section 180
. Violation of AS 08.40.005
next: Section 195
. Personal Supervision.
AS 08.40.190. Exclusions.
- (a) AS 08.40.005
- 08.40.200 do not apply to any utility or
municipality engaged in
- (1) electrical construction and maintenance of electrical wiring for the generation and distribution of electrical current
where the wiring is an integral part of a system owned and operated by that utility or municipal light and power
- (2) the installation, operation, maintenance, or repair of telephone, telegraph, signal, or communication systems when the
work is performed by the employees of that utility.
- (b) AS 08.40.005
- 08.40.200 do not apply to a person engaged in
- (1) the manufacture, maintenance, or repair of electrical apparatus or equipment;
- (2) electrical work, the cost of which does not exceed $5,000, involving residences or small commercial establishments in
- (A) have a population of under 500 according to the latest available federal or state census or other census approved by
the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development; or
- (B) are over 50 miles by air or water transportation from the business place of an electrical administrator licensed under
AS 08.40.010 - 08.40.200;
- (3) electrical installation on residential property that is owned by the installer or a member of the installer's
immediate family and not intended for sale at the time of making the installation;
- (4) the operation, maintenance, or repair of a television or radio broadcasting system and the installation of a radio
broadcasting system under 500 watts input power except for A.C. power supply and wiring;
- (5) the installation, maintenance, and repair of elevators so long as the work is performed by an agent or employee of the
elevator industry and is confined to the elevator control system, which system does not include the power supply,
wiring, and motor connection;
- (6) the operation, maintenance, and repair of telephone, telegraph, and intercommunication facilities;
- (7) the installation, maintenance, and repair of fire alarm, intrusion alarm, or other low voltage signaling systems of 48
volts to ground or less;
- (8) the maintenance or repair of diesel electric engines installed on heavy construction equipment, either in a shop or on
a job site;
- (9) the installation in a commercial water well of the submersible pump motor and the wiring to the well pump system
controls if the controls are outside a building or a structure;
- (10) the installation in a noncommercial water well of the submersible pump motor and the wiring to the well pump system
- (11) electrical maintenance or repair work if the work is performed by the person as an employee of an owner or tenant of
commercial property as part of the employee's work duties with respect to the property but is not offered or performed
as a service to the public.
- (c) Work within the exclusionary provisions of this section is nevertheless subject to the inspection provisions of AS 08.40.070
and must follow the regulations adopted by the department, other than regulations requiring licensure for the work.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.