Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 38. Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Section 10. License Required.
previous: Chapter 38
. Dietitians and Nutritionists
next: Section 20
. Dietitian Licensure.
AS 08.38.010. License Required.
- (a) An individual may not, unless licensed as a dietitian or nutritionist by the department, use the title "dietitian,"
"licensed dietitian," "nutritionist," "licensed nutritionist," or an occupational title using the word "dietitian" or
- (b) The only penalty that may be imposed on an individual who engages in conduct that violates (a) of this section is a
fine of not more than $1,000 under a citation issued under AS 08.01.102
- (c) An individual who obtains or attempts to obtain a dietitian or nutritionist license by dishonest or fraudulent means
or who forges, counterfeits, or fraudulently alters a dietitian or nutritionist license, is punishable by a fine of not
more than $1,000 under a citation issued by the department. For a citation under this subsection, the department shall
use the citation procedures applicable to citations for unlicensed practice under AS 08.01.102
- 08.01.104, and an individual who receives a
citation under this subsection is subject to the same requirements as an individual who receives a citation under AS 08.01.102
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.