Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 36. Dentistry
- Section 350. Application of Chapter.
previous: Section 340
next: Section 360
. Practice of Dentistry Defined.
AS 08.36.350. Application of Chapter.
- (a) This chapter applies to a person who practices, or offers or attempts to practice, dentistry in the state except
- (1) a dental surgeon or dentist in the military service in the discharge of official duties;
- (2) a dentist in the employ of the United States Public Health Service, United States Department of Veterans Affairs,
Alaska Native Service, or other agency of the federal government, in the discharge of official duties;
- (3) a physician or surgeon;
- (4) a dentist providing care in an isolated area by authority of a permit issued under AS 08.36.271
- (5) a dentist licensed in another state who is teaching or demonstrating clinical techniques at a meeting, seminar, or
limited course of instruction sponsored by a dental or dental auxiliary society or association or by an accredited
dental or dental auxiliary educational institution;
- (6) a dentist licensed in another state who provides emergency care to an injured or ill person who reasonably appears to
the dentist to be in immediate need of emergency aid in order to avoid serious harm or death if the care is provided
- (b) A person excepted from this chapter under (a) of this section shall be held to the same standard of care as a person
covered by this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.