Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 32. Dental Hygienists
- Section 190. Definitions.
previous: Section 187
. Application of Chapter.
next: Chapter 36
AS 08.32.190. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the Board of Dental Examiners;
- (2) "dental hygienist" means a person who is licensed by the board to perform those educational, preventive, and
therapeutic services and procedures that licensed dental hygienists are educated to perform;
- (3) "direct supervision" means the dentist is in the dental office, personally diagnoses the condition to be treated,
personally authorizes the procedure, and before dismissal of the patient evaluates the performance of the dental
- (4) "general supervision" means the dentist has authorized the procedures and they are being carried out in accordance
with the dentist's diagnosis and treatment plan;
- (5) "indirect supervision" means a licensed dentist is in the dental facility, authorizes the procedures, and remains in
the dental facility while the procedures are being performed by the dental hygienist.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.