Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 32. Dental Hygienists
- Section 60. Frequency and Content of Examination.
previous: Section 50
. Disposition of Fees. [Repealed, Sec. 54 Ch 37 SLA 1985].
next: Section 70
. Registration and Licensing of Dental Hygienists.
AS 08.32.060. Frequency and Content of Examination.
- (a) The examination shall be held at times and places determined by the board. The examination shall be designed to test
the qualifications of the applicant to practice dental hygiene and must consist of a written and a clinical
- (b) The subjects of the written examination must include dental radiology, the state's laws on the practice of dental
hygiene, and other subjects selected in accordance with the trends of dental hygiene education and professional and
- (c) The clinical examination shall test the applicant's skill in clinical procedures considered essential by the board for
the practice of dental hygiene including the removal of calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from the exposed
surfaces of the teeth beginning at the epithelial attachment by scaling and polishing techniques.
- (d) The board may require an applicant to pass a laboratory examination as a prerequisite to admission to the clinical
examination if the board has reason to believe the applicant cannot practice safely on a clinical patient.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.