Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 29. Licensed Professional Counselors
- Section 490. Definitions.
previous: Section 400
. Grounds For Denial of License or For Disciplinary Sanctions.
next: Chapter 32
. Dental Hygienists
AS 08.29.490. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "practice of professional counseling" means, subject to (C) of this paragraph, the application of principles, methods,
or procedures of the counseling profession to diagnose or treat, other than through the use of projective testing or
individually administered intelligence tests, mental and emotional disorders that are referenced in the standard
diagnostic nomenclature for individual, group, and organizational therapy, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral,
within the context of human relationships and systems; if otherwise within the scope of this paragraph, "practice of
professional counseling" includes
- (A) the professional application of evaluation techniques, treatments, and therapeutic services to individuals and groups
for the purpose of treating the emotional and mental disorders;
- (B) an applied understanding of the dynamics of the individual and of group interactions, along with the application of
therapeutic and counseling techniques for the purpose of resolving intrapersonal and interpersonal conflict and
changing perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors in the area of human relationships; and
- (C) consistent with regulations adopted by the board under AS 08.29.020(a)(4), administration and use of appropriate
assessment instruments that measure or diagnose problems or dysfunctions within the course of human growth and
development as part of a counseling process or in the development of a treatment plan;
- (2) "supervision" means supervision in which the supervisor is available to provide clinical oversight to the supervisee
either in person or by a communication device.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.