Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 29. Licensed Professional Counselors
- Section 10. Board Creation; Membership.
previous: Chapter 29
. Licensed Professional Counselors
next: Section 20
. Duties of the Board.
AS 08.29.010. Board Creation; Membership.
- (a) There is established the Board of Professional Counselors consisting of five members appointed by the governor, one of
whom is a public member and four of whom are licensed professional counselors.
- (b) In addition to the requirements for public members under AS 08.01.025, the public member of the board may not
- (1) ever have been a licensed professional counselor or employed in a commercial or professional field related to
- (2) live in a household with a person who is or has been, or have an immediate family member who is or has been, a
licensed professional counselor or employed in a commercial or professional field related to professional counseling;
in this paragraph, "immediate family member" means a parent, sibling, or child related by blood, marriage, or adoption.
- (c) Of the four counselor members of the board, at least one shall be employed in the private sector and at least one
shall be employed in the public sector.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.