Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 13. Barbers and Hairdressers
- Section 160. Application of License Requirements.
previous: Section 150
. Disciplinary Sanctions and Grounds For Refusal of a License or Permit.
next: Section 170
. Temporary Permits.
AS 08.13.160. Application of License Requirements.
- (a) A person holding a valid license to practice barbering under former AS 08.12 is licensed under this chapter and may continue to practice
barbering under the conditions imposed by former AS 08.12 and the
regulations adopted under former AS 08.12 until the license
- (b) A person holding a valid license under former AS 08.28 may
continue to practice under the conditions imposed under former AS 08.28 and the regulations adopted under former AS 08.28 until the license expires.
- (c) A person holding a valid license issued under former AS 08.12 or
former AS 08.28 shall be entitled upon its expiration to a
license to practice under this chapter in the field of practice for which the person was originally licensed, without
meeting requirements for new licensure.
- (d) The licensing and permit provisions of this chapter do not apply to
- (1) a person practicing barbering, hairdressing, manicuring, or esthetics in a community having a population of less than
1,000 people that is not within 25 miles of a community of more than 1,000 people and who uses only chemicals available
to the general public;
- (2) the practice of manicuring by a student as part of instruction in a 12-hour course approved under AS 08.13.110
- (3) a shampoo person;
- (4) a licensed health care professional;
- (5) a person licensed by another licensing jurisdiction in a field of practice licensed by this chapter while
demonstrating techniques or products to persons holding licenses or permits under this chapter;
- (6) a person practicing tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring or body piercing solely on the person's own body.
- (e) The board shall adopt regulations to permit a person licensed under this chapter to practice barbering, hairdressing,
or esthetics outside a licensed shop or school for limited purposes including
- (1) care of clients confined to an institution or health care facility;
- (2) care of clients with limited mobility;
- (3) participation in charitable events; and
- (4) participation in workshops or demonstrations of techniques or products.
- (f) A person licensed under this chapter to practice hairdressing is considered to be licensed to practice manicuring and
limited esthetics under the same license.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.