Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 6. Acupuncture
- Section 30. License to Practice Acupuncture.
previous: Section 20
. Application For License.
next: Section 40
. Renewal of License.
AS 08.06.030. License to Practice Acupuncture.
- (a) A person is qualified to receive a license to practice acupuncture if the person
- (1) is of good moral character;
- (2) is at least 21 years of age;
- (3) either
- (A) has completed a course of study consistent with the core curriculum and guidelines of the Accreditation Commission for
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at a school of acupuncture approved by the department; or
- (B) is licensed to practice acupuncture in another jurisdiction that has acupuncture licensing requirements equivalent to
those of this state;
- (4) is qualified for certification by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine as a
diplomate in acupuncture;
- (5) does not have a disciplinary proceeding or unresolved complaint pending at the time of application; and
- (6) has not had a license to practice acupuncture suspended or revoked in this state or in another jurisdiction.
- (b) The department shall issue a license to practice acupuncture to each person who is qualified and who pays the
- (c) Each person licensed to practice acupuncture under this chapter shall display the license in a conspicuous place where
the licensee practices.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.