Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 3. Termination, Continuation and Reestablishment of Regulatory Boards
- Section 20. Procedures Governing Termination, Transition, and Continuation.
previous: Section 10
. Termination Dates For Regulatory Boards.
next: Chapter 4
AS 08.03.020. Procedures Governing Termination, Transition, and Continuation.
- (a) Upon termination, each board listed in AS 08.03.010
shall continue in existence until June 30 of the next succeeding year for the purpose of concluding its affairs.
During this period, termination does not reduce or otherwise limit the powers or authority of each board. One year
after the date of termination, a board not continued shall cease all activities, and the statutory authority of the board is transferred to the department.
- (b) The termination, dissolution, continuation or reestablishment of a regulatory board shall be governed by the
legislative oversight procedures of AS 44.66.050
- (c) A board scheduled for termination under this chapter may be continued or reestablished by the legislature for a period
not to exceed eight years unless the board is continued or reestablished for a longer period under AS 08.03.010
- (d) The department shall carry out the functions of a board that has ceased all activities under (a) of this section. Litigation, hearings, investigations, and other proceedings pending at the time the board ceased activities continue in effect and may be continued or completed by the department. Licenses, certificates, orders, and regulations issued or adopted by the board and in effect at the time the board ceased activities remain in effect for the term issued or until revoked, amended, vacated, or repealed by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.