Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 1. Centralized Licensing
- Section 103. Procedure and Form of Citation.
previous: Section 102
. Citation For Unlicensed Practice or Activity.
next: Section 104
. Failure to Obey Citation.
AS 08.01.103. Procedure and Form of Citation.
- (a) A person receiving the citation issued under AS 08.01.102 is not required to sign a notice to appear in court.
- (b) The time specified in the notice to appear on a citation issued under AS 08.01.102
shall be at least five working days after the issuance of the citation.
- (c) The department is responsible for the issuance of books containing appropriate citations, and shall maintain a record
of each book issued and each citation contained in it. The department shall require and retain a receipt for every
book issued to an employee of the department.
- (d) On or before the 10th working day after the issuance of a citation, the department shall deposit the original or a copy of the citation with a court having jurisdiction over the alleged
offense. Upon its deposit with the court, the citation may be disposed of only by trial in the court or other official
action taken by the magistrate, judge, or prosecutor. The department may not dispose of a citation, copies of it, or
of the record of its issuance except as required under this subsection and (e) of this section.
- (e) The department shall require the return of a copy of every citation issued by the department and all copies of a
citation that has been spoiled or upon which an entry has been made and not issued to an alleged violator. The
department shall also maintain, in connection with each citation, a record of the disposition of the charge by the
court where the original or copy of the citation was deposited.
- (f) A citation issued under AS 08.01.102 is considered to be a lawful complaint for the purpose of
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.