Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 50. Deferred Deposit Advances
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 610
. Relationship to Federal and Other State Law.
next: Chapter 55
. Alaska Uniform Money Services Act
AS 06.50.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "advance" means a deferred deposit advance;
- (2) "advance recipient" means a borrower to whom an advance is made;
- (3) "control," in the case of a person who is not a natural person, means direct or indirect ownership, the right to vote
or otherwise control 10 percent or more of the governance interests of the entity, or the ability of a person to elect
a majority of the directors;
- (4) "deferred deposit advance" means a transaction in which a person
- (A) accepts a dated check from a person seeking an advance;
- (B) agrees to hold the check for a specified period of time before depositing or otherwise negotiating the check; and
- (C) pays to the advance recipient, credits to the account of the advance recipient, or pays to another person on behalf of
the advance recipient the amount of the check less the charges allowed under this chapter;
- (5) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (6) "license" means a license issued under this chapter;
- (7) "licensee" means a person to whom a license has been issued under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.