Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 40. Premium Financing Act
- Section 190. Definitions.
previous: Section 180
. Regulations, Orders.
next: Chapter 45
. Alaska Credit Union Act
AS 06.40.190. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development or a designee of the
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "premium finance agreement" means an agreement by which a borrower or prospective borrower promises to pay to a
licensee or to its assignee the amount advanced or to be advanced under the agreement to an insurer or to an insurance
agent or broker in payment of premiums on an insurance policy sold in this state or covering risks located in this
state together with a service charge, and as a security for it the premium finance company receives an assignment of
the unearned premium; however, a mortgage, conditional sale contract, or other security agreement covering property
which authorizes the lienholder to pay or advance premiums for insurance under the mortgage, contract, or other
security agreement is not considered to be a premium finance agreement;
- (4) "premium finance company" means a person engaged in the business of entering into premium finance agreements with
borrowers or of acquiring premium finance agreements from insurance agents, brokers or other premium finance companies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.