Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 26. Revised Alaska Trust Company Act
- Section 770. Reorganization.
previous: Section 760
. Department in Possession..
next: Section 780
. Involuntary Liquidation Powers.
AS 06.26.770. Reorganization.
- (a) If the department decides to reorganize a trust company, the department, after providing an opportunity for a hearing
to all interested parties, shall enter an order proposing a reorganization plan. The department shall send a copy of
the plan to each depositor and other customers and to each creditor who will not receive payment of a claim in full
under the plan and a notice that, unless within 30 days the plan is disapproved in writing by persons holding one-third
or more of the aggregate amount of the claims, the department will reorganize the trust company.
- (b) A plan of reorganization may not be established under this chapter unless, in the opinion of the department,
- (1) the plan is fair to all classes of depositors, other customers, creditors, and shareholders;
- (2) subject to a fair adjustment for new capital that a class will pay under the plan, the face amount of the trust
company asset interest provided to a class of depositors, other customers, creditors, or shareholders under the plan
does not exceed the value of the assets at liquidation less the full amount of the claims of all prior classes;
- (3) the plan provides for the issuance of common stock in an amount that will provide an adequate ratio to deposits;
- (4) any exchange of new common stock for obligations or stock of the trust company will be made
- (A) in the inverse order of the priorities in liquidation of the classes that will retain an interest in the trust
- (B) upon terms that adjust in a fair manner any change in the relative interest of the respective classes that will be
produced by the exchange;
- (5) the plan assures the removal of a director, an officer, or an employee responsible for a problem identified by the
department, including an unsafe, unsound, or unlawful action or the existence of an unsafe or unsound condition;
- (6) any merger or consolidation provided by the plan complies with this chapter.
- (c) When in the course of reorganization, supervening conditions render a plan of reorganization unfair or its execution
impractical, the department may modify the plan or liquidate the trust company.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.