Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 26. Revised Alaska Trust Company Act
- Section 680. Authority to Purchase Assets of Another Trust Company.
previous: Section 670
. Rights of Dissenters.
next: Section 690
. Authority to Act as Disbursing Agent.
AS 06.26.680. Authority to Purchase Assets of Another Trust Company.
- (a) A trust company with the prior written approval of the department may purchase all or substantially all of the assets
of another trust company, including the right to control accounts established with the trust accounts. Except as
otherwise expressly provided by another statute, the purchase by a trust company of all or part of the assets of
another trust company does not make the purchasing trust company responsible for a liability or obligation of the
selling trust company that the purchasing trust company does not expressly assume. Except as otherwise provided by
statute, AS 06.26.450
- 06.26.480 do not govern or prohibit the purchase by
a trust company of all or part of the assets of a person who is not a trust company or an exempt private trust company.
- (b) To purchase assets under (a) of this section, a trust company shall file with the department an application in the
form required by the department. The department shall investigate the condition of the purchaser and seller and may
require the submission of additional information it considers necessary to make an informed decision. The department
shall approve the purchase if
- (1) the purchasing trust company will be solvent after the purchase and have sufficient capitalization for its operations
- (2) the purchasing trust company has complied with all applicable statutes and regulations in this state;
- (3) all fiduciary obligations and liabilities of the purchasing trust company and selling trust company have been properly
discharged or otherwise lawfully assumed by the purchasing trust company;
- (4) all conditions imposed by the department have been satisfied or otherwise resolved; and
- (5) all expenses incurred by the department and all required fees have been paid.
- (c) A purchase under this section is effective on the date the department approves the purchase unless the purchase
agreement provides for, and the department consents to, a different effective date.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.