Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 26. Revised Alaska Trust Company Act
- Section 500. Voting Securities Held as Trust Assets.
previous: Section 480
. Objection to Other Transfer.
next: Section 510
. Board of Directors.
AS 06.26.500. Voting Securities Held as Trust Assets.
- (a) Voting securities of a trust company held by the trust company as trust assets under a will or trust, whether
registered in the trust company's own name or in the name of its nominee, may not be voted in the election of directors
or on a matter affecting the compensation of directors, officers, or employees of the trust company unless
- (1) under the terms of the will or trust, the manner in which the voting securities are to be voted may be determined by a
donor or beneficiary of the will or trust and the donor or beneficiary actually makes the determination in the matter
- (2) the terms of the will or trust expressly direct the manner in which the securities must be voted to the extent that no
discretion is vested in the trust company as fiduciary; or
- (3) the securities are voted solely by a person who is a joint fiduciary, but who is not a person who is affiliated with
the trust company, as if the joint fiduciary were the sole fiduciary.
- (b) Voting securities of a trust company that may not be voted under this section are considered to be authorized but
unissued for the purpose of determining the procedures for and results of the vote under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.