Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 20. Alaska Small Loans Act
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 360
. [Renumbered as AS 06.20.920
next: Section 920
. Short Title.
AS 06.20.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development or a designee of the
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "open-end loan" means a loan made by a licensee under this chapter under an agreement between the licensee and a
borrower which provides that
- (A) the borrower may obtain advances of money from the licensee from time to time or the licensee may advance money on
behalf of the borrower from time to time as directed by the borrower;
- (B) the amount of each advance and interest and charges will be added to the borrower's open-end loan account and payments
and other credits are deducted from that account;
- (C) interest will be computed on the unpaid principal balance or the average unpaid principal balance of the open-end loan
- (D) the borrower may pay all or any part of the unpaid principal balance of the borrower's open-end loan account or, if
the account is not in default, in monthly installments of fixed amounts as provided in the loan agreement; and
- (E) the agreement covers open-end loans under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.