Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 15. Mutual Savings Bank Act
- Section 350. General Powers.
previous: Section 340
. Transfer and Exercise of Rights.
next: Section 360
. Additional Powers.
AS 06.15.350. General Powers.
A mutual bank
- (1) shall have indefinite succession;
- (2) may adopt and use a seal;
- (3) may sue and be sued;
- (4) may adopt, amend, and repeal rules and regulations governing the manner in which its business may be conducted and the
manner in which the powers vested in it may be exercised;
- (5) may make and carry out contracts and agreements, provide benefits to its personnel, and take other action, as it
considers necessary or desirable in the conduct of its business;
- (6) may appoint and fix the compensation of officers, attorneys, and employees desirable for the conduct of its business,
define their authority and duties, delegate to them the powers the trustees determine, require bonds of them as the
trustees designate and fix their penalties and pay the premiums on the bonds;
- (7) may acquire by purchase or lease real property or interest therein as the trustees consider necessary or desirable for
the conduct of its business, and sell, lease, or otherwise dispose of real property or interest therein;
- (8) may exercise the powers of a bank granted under AS 06.05 (Alaska
Banking Code); and
- (9) may convert from a mutual bank to a capital stock bank under a plan approved by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.