Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 438. Directors, Meetings, and Duties.
previous: Section 437
next: Section 440
. Authority to Declare Dividends.
AS 06.05.438. Directors, Meetings, and Duties.
- (a) The board of directors of each bank shall hold a meeting at least once each month for at least 10 months in each
- (b) The board of directors shall elect a secretary who shall keep a correct record of the minutes of each board meeting.
The minutes shall state the date of each meeting, the names of the directors present, and the votes taken. The record
of the meeting of the board of directors shall be subscribed to by the presiding officer and the secretary. The minutes
shall be read and approved at the next succeeding meeting, and the minutes of that meeting shall show that fact. It is
the duty of the bank examiner to examine the minutes of the board at the time of the bank's examination and to include
in the report of examination any failure of the bank to comply with this section.
- (c) The board of directors shall designate at least one officer of the bank to prepare and submit to the board at each
board meeting a report of the loans, overdrafts, and investments made by the bank in the preceding month or since the
last report. The board of directors shall examine and pass upon the report and make it a part of the record of the
meeting by recording the report in full in the minutes.
- (d) The board of directors shall appoint annually an examining committee of no less than three directors of which no more
than one may be an active officer of the bank. The committee shall examine or cause to be examined the condition of the
bank. A copy of the report shall be submitted to the department within 60 days after completion of the examination.
- (e) Unless prohibited by the articles or bylaws of the state bank, the board of directors or a committee of the board may
validly conduct a meeting by communicating simultaneously with each other by means of conference telephones or similar
- (f) The department may require a meeting of the board of directors of a state bank to be held in the manner and at the
time and place the department directs when, in the judgment of the department, a violation of this title has occurred
or is about to occur. A report of an examination required or allowed by this title, the conclusions drawn from the
examination by the department, recommendations made by the department, and other matters concerning the operation and
condition of the bank may be presented to the board of directors by the department. If the department presents a report
of examination or other information is presented to the board, each member of the board of directors shall furnish to
the department a statement, on forms to be supplied by the department, that the member has read and is familiar with
the recommendations of the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.