Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 435. Directors.
previous: Section 430
. Meetings of Stockholders. [Repealed, Sec. 102 Ch 26 SLA 1993].
next: Section 437
AS 06.05.435. Directors.
- (a) The affairs of every bank incorporated under this chapter shall be managed by not less than five directors, nor more
than 25. A majority of the board of directors shall be bona fide residents of the state, and a majority constitutes a
quorum for the transaction of business.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (c) Unless otherwise approved by the department, each director of a state bank shall own, in the director's own right or
jointly with the director's spouse, free of any encumbrance, common or preferred stock of the state bank or of an
entity that controls the state bank that has an aggregate par value of at least $1,000, an aggregate shareholder's
equity of at least $1,000, or an aggregate fair market value of at least $1,000.
- (d) Each director shall take an oath that the director will faithfully and honestly perform the duties of the office and
will not violate or permit to be violated any provisions of this chapter. The oath shall be filed annually in the
office of the department.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (f) A bank shall report within 30 days to the department a change in directors, including a statement of the business and
professional affiliations of new directors.
- (g) The department may issue an order under AS 06.01.030
removing a person from the board of directors or prohibiting a person from being on the board, if the department
- (1) due to the competence, experience, character, or integrity of the person, it is not in the best interests of the
depositors or the public for the person to be or remain on the board;
- (2) the person is dishonest or reckless in managing the affairs of the bank;
- (3) the person has persistently violated this title, the regulations adopted under this title, or the orders of the
department under this title or under the regulations adopted under this title;
- (4) the person has been indicted for a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude or breach of trust; or
- (5) the person has filed a petition in bankruptcy either in an individual capacity or in the name of a corporation in
which the person owns a majority of the shares.
- (h) In the case of an entity that owns more than one bank, a director may use the director's equity interest in the
controlling entity to satisfy, in whole or in part, the equity interest requirement for one or all of the controlled
- (i) The value of the common or preferred stock held by a director of a state bank or of an entity that controls the state
bank is valued as of the date purchased, or as of the date on which the individual became a director, whichever value
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.