Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 275. Trade and Bank Acceptances.
previous: Section 272
. Bank Subsidiaries.
next: Section 277
. Providing Services as Agent.
AS 06.05.275. Trade and Bank Acceptances.
- (a) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (b) A bank may discount, invest in, negotiate, and issue trade acceptances and bank acceptances if
- (1) the terms of the draft require presentation for payment within 180 days of issuance, exclusive of days of grace, and
it is drawn to finance the purchase of goods with maturity and payment in accordance with the terms of the purchase
- (2) the terms of the draft require presentation for payment within 180 days of issuance, exclusive of days of grace, and
it is secured by shipping documents transferring or securing title to goods, or by receipt of a licensed or bonded
warehouse securing title to readily marketable goods; or
- (3) the draft is drawn by a bank outside the continental limits of the United States for the purpose of furnishing dollar
exchange for trade and its terms require presentation for payment within 90 days of issuance.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.