Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 45. Ski Liability, Safety, and Responsibility
- Section 120. Use of Liability Releases.
previous: Section 110
. Competition; Immunity For Ski Area Operator.
next: Section 200
AS 05.45.120. Use of Liability Releases.
- (a) A ski area operator may not require a skier to sign an agreement releasing the ski area operator from liability in
exchange for the right to ride a ski area tramway and ski in the ski area. A release that violates this subsection is
void and may not be enforced.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a ski area operator may
- (1) require a special event coach, participant, helper, spectator, or rental customer to sign an agreement releasing the
ski area operator from liability in exchange for the right to coach, participate, assist in, or observe the special
- (2) use a release agreement required by a third party as a condition of operating a rental program or special event at the
- (c) In this section, "special event" means an event, pass, race, program, rental program, or service that offers
competition or other benefits in addition to a ticket representing the right to ride a ski area tramway and ski on the
ski slopes or trails, whether or not additional consideration is paid.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.