Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 35. Sports Facilities Grants
- Section 70. Definitions.
previous: Section 60
next: Section 100
. Alaska Winter Olympics Account. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 6 SLA 1986].
AS 05.35.070. Definitions.
In AS 05.35.010
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (2) "cost of construction" includes, in addition to costs directly related to the project, the sum total of all costs of
financing and carrying out of the project; these include, but are not limited to, the costs of all necessary studies,
surveys, plans and specifications, architectural, engineering or other special services, acquisition of real property,
site preparation and development, purchase, construction, reconstruction and improvement of real property and the
acquisition of machinery and equipment as may be necessary in connection with the project; an allocable portion of the
administrative and operating expenses of the grantee; the cost of financing the project, including interest on bonds
issued to finance the project; and the cost of other items, including any indemnity and surety bonds and premiums on
insurance, legal fees, fees and expenses of trustees, depositaries, financial advisors, and paying agents for the bonds
issued as the issuer considers necessary; it does not include the cost of promotion, travel, or feasibility studies;
- (3) "facility" means a covered stadium or arena or any combination of them, or any other similar structure or structures,
including related improvements such as parking areas, locker rooms, concession stands, restaurants, offices, press
boxes, rest rooms, and storage areas, and including fixed or portable equipment, used in the operation of the facility;
- (4) "municipality" means an organized borough of any class or a first class city outside an organized borough;
- (5) "population" means the population of a municipality established by the final official 1970 U.S. Census or other
reliable population data;
- (6) "used principally for sports" means that the major use of a facility shall be for sporting events such as baseball
games, rodeos, football games, soccer games, track and field meets, ice hockey matches, basketball games, and boxing
and wrestling matches, viewed by spectators in substantial numbers, and that the use of a facility may be for organized
participant sports and nonsports activities for which similar facilities are commonly used.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.