Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 25. Watercraft
- Section 20. Use of Boat With Water Skis and Surfboards. [See Delayed Amendment Note]..
previous: Section 12
. Diver's Flag.
next: Section 30
. Boat Collisions, Accidents, and Casualties. [See Delayed Amendment Note]..
AS 05.25.020. Use of Boat With Water Skis and Surfboards. [See Delayed Amendment Note]..
- (a) A person may not operate a boat on water of the state for towing a person on water skis, a surfboard, or a similar
- (1) the boat is equipped with a rearview mirror in which the person being towed can be viewed; or
- (2) there is, in the boat, a person of 12 years of age or older in addition to the operator in a position to observe the
progress of the person being towed.
- (b) A person may not operate a boat on water of the state to tow a person under 13 years of age on water skis, a
surfboard, or a similar device unless the person being towed is wearing a United States Coast Guard approved
- (1) Type I, Type II, or Type III personal flotation device; or
- (2) Type V personal flotation device if the Type V personal flotation device is in serviceable condition and
- (A) if the approval label on the Type V personal flotation device indicates that the device is approved for the activity;
- (B) for a device that contains a reference to an owner's manual, if the Type V personal flotation device is used in
accordance with the requirements in the owner's manual.
Article 02. ACCIDENTS AND LIABILITY
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.