Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 5. Athletic Commission
- Section 10. Creation and Duties of Athletic Commission.
previous: Chapter 5
. Athletic Commission
next: Section 20
. Commissioner of Athletics.
AS 05.05.010. Creation and Duties of Athletic Commission.
- (a) There is created an athletic commission within the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development. The
commission consists of four members appointed by the governor. One member of the commission shall be appointed from
each of the four judicial districts. The commissioners shall be appointed for overlapping four-year terms. Members of
the commission serve at the pleasure of the governor and shall be selected on the basis of their known interest in and
knowledge of athletics in the state.
- (b) The commission shall act in an advisory capacity to the commissioner of athletics and shall perform other duties
assigned to it by the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.