Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 55. Care of Animals; Control of Dogs
- Section 70. Power of Village Council to Control Dogs.
previous: Section 40
. - 03.55.060l Dog Control By Governmental Units. [Repealed, Sec. 9 Ch 109 SLA 1966].
next: Section 100
. Minimum Standards of Care For Animals.
AS 03.55.070. Power of Village Council to Control Dogs.
- (a) A village council duly elected by residents of an unincorporated village not within an organized borough may destroy
loose dogs in the village and may otherwise control dogs to the extent authorized first class cities.
- (b) The council may impose and enforce the provisions of a dog control ordinance in the total area within 20 miles of the
village. The ordinance must generally describe the area in which it is imposed. If two villages having dog control
ordinances lie within 40 miles of each other, the jurisdiction of each village terminates at a point midway between
Article 02. CARE OF ANIMALS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.