Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 22. Plant Materials Center
- Section 20. Purpose of Center.
previous: Section 10
. Establishment of Plant Materials Center.
next: Section 30
. Center Site, Buildings, and Equipment.
AS 03.22.020. Purpose of Center.
The objectives of the plant materials center, in cooperation with the Institute of Agricultural Sciences, are to
- (1) assemble, evaluate, select, and increase plant materials needed in soil and water conservation, agriculture, and
industry, and maintain genetic purity of these materials;
- (2) increase promising plant materials for field scale testing;
- (3) test the promising materials in field plantings on sites that represent soil and climatic conditions not found at the
- (4) maintain and provide for increase of basic seed stocks of plant materials for agricultural and conservation interests;
- (5) make seed and plant materials available, for a fee if necessary, in such a manner as to avoid monopolistic control of
basic stocks of these materials and encourage the development of a seed industry;
- (6) support but not duplicate activities carried on by state or federally funded research programs in the state;
- (7) prepare, publish, and disseminate a summary report on all studies as they are completed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.