Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 5. Powers and Duties of Commissioners of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
- Section 10. Powers and Duties of Commissioner of Natural Resources.
previous: Chapter 5
. Powers and Duties of Commissioners of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
next: Section 11
. Powers and Duties of Commissioner of Environmental Conservation.
AS 03.05.010. Powers and Duties of Commissioner of Natural Resources.
- (a) The commissioner of natural resources shall
- (1) direct, administer, and supervise promotional and experimental work, extension services, and agricultural projects for
the purpose of promoting and developing the agricultural industry within the state including such fields as
horticulture, dairying, cattle raising, fur farming, grain production, vegetable production, and development of other
- (2) procure and preserve all information pertaining to the development of the agricultural industry and disseminate that
information to the public;
- (3) assist prospective settlers and others desiring to engage in the agricultural industry in the state with information
concerning areas suitable for agriculture and other activities and programs essential to the development of the
agricultural industry in the state;
- (4) review the marketing, financing, and development of agricultural products inside the state including transportation,
with special emphasis upon local production, and negotiate for the marketing of agricultural products of the state with
federal and state agencies operating in the state;
- (5) regulate and control the entry into the state and the transportation, sale, or use inside the state of plants, seeds,
vegetables, shell eggs, fruits and berries, nursery stock, animal feeds, remedies and mineral supplements, fertilizers,
and agricultural chemicals in order to prevent the spread of pests, diseases, or toxic substances injurious to the
public interest, and to protect the agricultural industry against fraud, deception, and misrepresentation; in this
connection the commissioner may require registration, inspection, and testing, and establish procedures and fees; and
- (6) regulate the farming of elk in a manner similar to the manner in which the commissioner regulates domestic animals and
livestock, to the extent that is appropriate.
- (b) To carry out the requirements of this title, the commissioner of natural resources may issue orders, regulations,
quarantines, and embargoes relating to
- (1) examination and inspection of premises containing products, articles, and commodities carrying pests;
- (2) establishment of quarantines for eradication of pests;
- (3) establishment of standards and labeling requirements pertaining to the sale of agricultural and vegetable seeds;
- (4) tests and analyses which may be made and hearings which may be held to determine whether the commissioner will issue a
stop order or quarantine;
- (5) cooperation with federal and other state agencies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.