Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 2. Aeronautics
- Chapter 40. Responsibilities of Air Carriers
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 30
. Unsolicited Communication Prohibited.
next: Title 3
. Agriculture and Animals
AS 02.40.990. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "air carrier" means a person undertaking to engage in air commerce, whether directly or indirectly, or by lease,
contract, or any other arrangement, and whether over regular or irregular routes;
- (2) "air commerce" means carriage by aircraft of persons or freight for commercial purposes or hire in intrastate
commerce, including the carriage by aircraft of persons or freight that move partly by aircraft and partly by other
forms of transportation;
- (3) "aircraft" means a propeller, rotor, or jet-powered device used or designed for flight in the air;
- (4) "commercial purposes" means activities for which the person receives direct monetary compensation and does not include
activities incidental to and done in furtherance of the person's primary business;
- (5) "department" means the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities;
- (6) "freight" means commodities, articles, and cargo, of whatever nature or value, excluding garbage and trash.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.