Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 2. Aeronautics
- Chapter 40. Responsibilities of Air Carriers
- Section 20. Certification of Compliance of Air Carriers.
previous: Section 10
. Air Carrier Financial Responsibility.
next: Section 30
. Unsolicited Communication Prohibited.
AS 02.40.020. Certification of Compliance of Air Carriers.
- (a) A person may not use an aircraft in air commerce before obtaining an annual certificate of compliance for that
aircraft from the department. The department may issue a certificate of compliance for one aircraft or a fleet of two
or more aircraft. The department shall issue or renew a certificate of compliance upon application and presentation of
- (1) proof of financial responsibility required under AS 02.40.010
- (2) proof of compliance with Federal Aviation Administration requirements, and, where applicable, federal certification
for scheduled airline service.
- (b) The annual fee for a certificate of compliance for one aircraft and for a fleet of two or more aircraft shall be set
by the department by regulation. The certificate is valid for a calendar year. The certificate shall be visible to
- (c) The department may authorize department personnel to enforce this section and may adopt procedural regulations
necessary to implement this section. Upon finding a violation the department may issue a stop use order.
- (d) A person who violates this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine of not less than
$500 or more than $1,000.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.