Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 1. General Provisions
- Chapter 10. Laws and Statutes
- Section 100. Effect of Repeals or Amendments.
previous: Section 90
. Retrospective Statutes.
next: Section 110
. Effect of Amendments to Statehood Act.
AS 01.10.100. Effect of Repeals or Amendments.
- (a) The repeal or amendment of a law does not release or extinguish any penalty, forfeiture, or liability incurred or
right accruing or accrued under that law, unless the repealing or amending act so provides expressly. The law shall be
treated as remaining in force for the purpose of sustaining any proper action or prosecution for the enforcement of the
right, penalty, forfeiture, or liability.
- (b) The expiration of a temporary law does not release or extinguish a penalty, forfeiture, or liability incurred or right
accruing or accrued under that law unless the temporary law so provides expressly, and that law shall be treated as
still remaining in force for the purpose of sustaining any proper action or prosecution for the enforcement of the
penalty, forfeiture, or liability or right accruing or accrued.
- (c) When an act repealing a former act, section, or provision is itself repealed, that repeal does not revive the former
act, section, or provision, unless it is expressly so provided.
Article 04. THE STATEHOOD ACT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.