Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 1. General Provisions
- Chapter 10. Laws and Statutes
- Section 60. Definitions.
previous: Section 55
next: Section 65
. Registered Mail, Certified Mail.
AS 01.10.060. Definitions.
- (a) In the laws of the state, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "action" includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal;
- (2) "daytime" means the period between sunrise and sunset;
- (3) "month" means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed;
- (4) "municipality" means a political subdivision incorporated under the laws of the state that is a home rule or general
law city, a home rule or general law borough, or a unified municipality;
- (5) "nighttime" means the period between sunset and sunrise;
- (6) "oath" includes affirmation or declaration;
- (7) "peace officer" means
- (A) an officer of the state troopers;
- (B) a member of the police force of a municipality;
- (C) a village public safety officer;
- (D) a regional public safety officer;
- (E) a United States marshal or deputy marshal; and
- (F) an officer whose duty it is to enforce and preserve the public peace;
- (8) "person" includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as
well as a natural person;
- (9) "personal property" includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt;
- (10) "property" includes real and personal property;
- (11) "real property" is coextensive with land, tenements, and hereditaments;
- (12) "signature" or "subscription" includes the mark of a person who cannot write, with the name of that person written
near the mark by a witness who writes the witness's own name near the name of the person who cannot write; but a
signature or subscription by mark can be acknowledged or can serve as a signature or subscription to a sworn statement
only when two witnesses so sign their own names to the sworn statement;
- (13) "state" means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it
includes the District of Columbia and the territories;
- (14) "writing" includes printing.
- (b) In the laws of the state, "lewd conduct," "lewd touching," "immoral conduct," "indecent conduct," and similar terms do
not include the act of a woman breast-feeding a child in a public or private location where the woman and child are
otherwise authorized to be. Nothing in this subsection may be construed to authorize an act that is an offense under AS
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.