Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An elevator and conveying system contractor installs and maintains manual, electric, and hydraulic conveying systems, including all related machinery, hardware, accessories, safety equipment, and controls. Conveying systems include
(2) passenger and freight elevators of all types, including cars, entrances, and hoistway equipment;
(3) escalators, moving walks, ramps, and other passenger conveying systems composed of moving belts or treads installed in horizontal and inclined positions;
(4) people, platform, stage and orchestra, sidewalk, wheelchair, and vehicle lifts;
(5) material handling systems, including freight handling equipment, prefabricated chutes, conveyors, gravity rollers, powered rollers, powered belts, and other devices for transfer of bulk and packaged materials; and
(6) structural turntables, including movable areas for restaurants, stages, exhibits, displays, and turntables for vehicular and industrial uses.
(b) The elevator safety standards adopted in AS 18.60.800 apply to work described in this section.
History: Eff. 7/26/90, Register 115
Authority: AS 08.01.080
AS 08.18.171 (8)
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006