- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 975. Food Stamp Program.
previous: Section 620
. - 47.25.970l Aid to the Blind and Permanently and Totally Disabled. [Repealed, Sec. 30 Ch 138 SLA 1982].
next: Section 980
. Duties of Department.
AS 47.25.975. Food Stamp Program.
- (a) The department is authorized to implement the food stamp program.
- (b) Householders determined by the department to be eligible for assistance under the food stamp program may obtain food
stamp allotments; however, under regulations adopted by the department, a householder may receive all or part of the
value of the food stamp allotment in the form of a wage subsidy under AS 47.27.025
- (1) the householder is a member of a family eligible for the Alaska temporary assistance program under AS 47.27; and
- (2) the department determines that the wage subsidy authorized under this subsection would aid the householder in the
successful completion of the family self-sufficiency plan under AS 47.27.030
- (c) Food stamp allotments, other than a wage subsidy authorized under (b) of this section, shall be used to purchase food
from retail food stores that have been approved for participation in the food stamp program. Eligible households living
in certain remote areas shall be permitted to purchase certain items of hunting and fishing equipment for the purpose
of procuring food for the household, except firearms, ammunition, and other explosives, in accordance with regulations
that the Secretary of Agriculture adopts.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.