- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 63. Telephonic Solicitations
- Section 30. Cancellation or Replacement.
previous: Section 20
. Written Contract Required.
next: Section 40
. Prohibited Representations.
AS 45.63.030. Cancellation or Replacement.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 45.01 - AS 45.08, AS 45.12, AS 45.14, and AS 45.29 (Uniform Commercial Code), a telephone seller shall give the
buyer a refund, credit, or replacement, at the option of the buyer, if
- (1) the property or services purchased are defective, not as represented, or not received as promised by the seller;
- (2) within seven days after receiving the purchased property, the buyer returns the purchased property and makes a written
request for the refund, credit, or replacement; or
- (3) within seven days after paying for the purchased services and before the services are provided, the buyer makes a
written request for the refund or credit.
- (b) A return or request is timely under (a) of this section if the return or request is made in person within the seven
days or if the return or request is mailed, properly addressed and postmarked, postage prepaid, within the seven days.
- (c) Notwithstanding AS 45.01 - AS 45.08, AS 45.12, AS 45.14, and AS 45.29 (Uniform Commercial Code), a purchase of property from a
telephone seller becomes final seven days after receipt of the property, unless the buyer requests a refund, credit, or
replacement under (a) of this section, or the telephone seller fails to obtain the contract required by AS 45.63.020
- (d) A purchase of services from a telephone seller becomes final seven days after receipt of the contract required by AS
, unless the buyer requests a refund or credit under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.