- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 301. Delivery.
previous: Section 210
next: Section 302
. Rights of Purchaser.
AS 45.08.301. Delivery.
- (a) Delivery of a certificated security to a purchaser occurs when
- (1) the purchaser acquires possession of the security certificate;
- (2) another person, other than a securities intermediary, either acquires possession of the security certificate on behalf
of the purchaser or, having previously acquired possession of the certificate, acknowledges that it holds for the
- (3) a securities intermediary acting on behalf of the purchaser acquires possession of the security certificate, only if
the certificate is in registered form and is
- (A) registered in the name of the purchaser;
- (B) payable to the order of the purchaser; or
- (C) specially endorsed to the purchaser by an effective endorsement and has not been endorsed to the securities
intermediary or in blank.
- (b) Delivery of an uncertificated security to a purchaser occurs when
- (1) the issuer registers the purchaser as the registered owner, upon original issue or registration of transfer; or
- (2) another person, other than a securities intermediary, either becomes the registered owner of the uncertificated
security on behalf of the purchaser or, having previously become the registered owner, acknowledges that it holds for
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.