- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 17. Forest Resources and Practices
- Section 20. Division of Forestry Established.
previous: Section 10
. Declaration of Intent.
next: Section 30
. Responsibilities of Division.
AS 41.17.020. Division of Forestry Established.
- (a) The governor may establish, within the department, a division of forestry to carry out this chapter and other
appropriate duties designated by the governor.
- (b) The division shall be headed by a director who shall be the state forester, appointed to the partially exempt service
in accordance with law by the commissioner, from a list of two or more candidates submitted by the board. The
commissioner shall solicit and consider recommendations of the Alaska Fire Chiefs Association or successor organization
when reviewing the candidates submitted by the board. The commissioner may reject all candidates, in which case the
board shall submit a new list. The state forester shall have
- (1) a bachelor's or higher degree in forest management and at least three years of field experience in forestry; or
- (2) at least eight years of professional work experience as a forester.
- (c) The commissioner shall administer this chapter and is authorized and encouraged to delegate responsibilities for
carrying out this chapter to the state forester.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.