- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 10. Public Funds
- Section 85. Financial Aid to Corporations By State or Political Subdivision.
previous: Section 79
. , 37.10.080l Purchase and Sale of Bonds. [Repealed, Sec. 33 Ch 141 SLA 1988].
next: Section 87
. Loans to Bond Construction Funds.
AS 37.10.085. Financial Aid to Corporations By State or Political Subdivision.
- (a) Except as provided in AS 14.40.458 or (c) or (d) of this section, neither the state nor a political subdivision of the state may
- (1) make a subscription to the capital stock of a corporation;
- (2) lend its credit for the use of a corporation; or
- (3) borrow money for the use of a corporation.
- (b) This section does not apply to debt issued by a municipality or a municipal joint insurance arrangement under AS 21.76.120
- (c) To the extent that the political subdivision is authorized to acquire, own, or operate a public utility, it may
exercise that power by acquiring and owning, in a manner consistent with law, all of the capital stock of a corporation
that owns or operates a public utility. The political subdivision's authority with respect to lending its credit and
borrowing money for the use of the corporation is the same as if the political subdivision had acquired the assets of
- (d) This section does not apply to
- (1) the financial assistance program established under AS 37.17.500
- 37.17.690; or
- (2) investments of the assets of the public employees' retirement system established under AS 39.35 or the teachers' retirement system established under AS 14.25, to the extent the investments are made in the stocks, bonds,
and other securities of
- (A) a corporation licensed under AS 10.13; or
- (B) a corporation attempting to become licensed under AS 10.13 if
the corporation intends to use the proceeds to fulfill the tasks necessary to become licensed under AS 10.13.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.