- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 695. Other Rules of Procedure.
previous: Section 690
. Exclusive Remedy.
next: Section 699
AS 36.30.695. Other Rules of Procedure.
- (a) The commissioner may adopt by regulation additional rules of procedure providing for the expeditious arbitration,
hearing, and other administrative review of all contract claims, both before the contracting agency and through an
appeal heard de novo.
- (b) Except as provided by (c) of this section, an arbitrator shall issue a final decision, and a hearing officer shall
issue a recommended decision, within the following time limits after the date the record on the claim is closed:
- (1) 30 calendar days for a claim of less than $100,000;
- (2) 45 calendar days for a claim of $100,000 or more but less than $1,000,000; or
- (3) 60 calendar days for a claim of $1,000,000 or more.
- (c) The commissioner of administration or the commissioner of transportation and public facilities may, for good cause
shown, grant an arbitrator or a hearing officer additional time to issue a decision.
- (d) If an arbitrator or hearing officer fails to issue a decision within the time allowed for a decision under (b) or (c)
of this section, the arbitrator or hearing officer is disqualified from acting as an arbitrator or hearing officer in
another proceeding under this chapter for one year after the decision is issued.
- (e) The venue for an arbitration or hearing under this chapter is the judicial district where the office of the
contracting agency is located, unless the agency and the contractor agree on another location.
- (f) If a party fails to appear at a proceeding under this chapter, the arbitrator or hearing officer may proceed in the
- (g) Subject to appropriation, any money awarded by an arbitrator's decision shall be paid within 45 days after the date
that the arbitrator's decision is final. Subject to appropriation, any money awarded by a hearing officer's recommended
decision that is approved by the commissioner of transportation and public facilities shall be paid within 45 days
after the date that the commissioner's decision is delivered to the contractor and the agency, unless the
commissioner's decision is appealed under AS 36.30.685
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.