- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 30. Prison Facilities and Prisoners
- Section 901. Definitions.
previous: Section 300
. - 33.30.900l Crime Against Convict in Penitentiary. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
next: Chapter 32
. Correctional Industries
AS 33.30.901. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "center" means a correctional restitution center;
- (2) "commissioner" means the commissioner of corrections;
- (3) "community service" means work on projects designed to reduce or eliminate environmental damage, protect the public
health, or improve public services, lands, forests, parks, roads, highways, facilities, or education; community service
may not confer a private benefit on a person except as may be incidental to the public benefit;
- (4) "correctional facility" or "facility" means a prison, jail, camp, farm, half-way house, group home, or other placement
designated by the commissioner for the custody, care, and discipline of prisoners; a "state correctional facility"
means a correctional facility owned or run by the state;
- (5) "court" means the supreme court, the court of appeals, the superior court, the district or magistrate court, or a
justice or judge of a court;
- (6) "crime against a person" means a crime as set out in AS 11.41,
or a crime against a person in this or another jurisdiction having elements substantially identical to those of a crime
as set out in AS 11.41;
- (7) "crime involving domestic violence" has the meaning given in AS 18.66.990;
- (8) "department" means the Department of Corrections;
- (9) "furlough" means an authorized leave of absence from actual confinement for a designated purpose and period of time;
- (10) "health care provider" means
- (A) a physician assistant or nurse practitioner licensed to practice in the state and working under the direct supervision
of a licensed physician or psychiatrist; or
- (B) a mental health professional as defined in AS 47.30.915
- (11) "municipality" means a municipality authorized by law to establish a correctional facility;
- (12) "prisoner"
- (A) means a person held under authority of state law in official detention as defined in AS 11.81.900
- (B) includes a minor committed to the custody of the commissioner when,
- (i) under AS 47.12.030
, 47.12.065, or 47.12.100, the minor has been charged, prosecuted, or
convicted as an adult; or
- (ii) under AS 47.12.160
(e), the minor has been ordered transferred to the custody of the commissioner;
- (13) "sex offender or child kidnapper," "sex offense," and "child kidnapping" have the meanings given in AS 12.63.100
- (14) "temporary commitment" means detention of a person for any period under authority of state law, but does not include
confinement upon conviction and judgment of a court of this state;
- (15) "victim" has the meaning given in AS 12.55.185
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.