- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 47. Municipal Debt
- Section 190. Vote and Notice of Existing Indebtedness Required.
previous: Section 180
. General Obligation Bonds.
next: Section 200
AS 29.47.190. Vote and Notice of Existing Indebtedness Required.
- (a) A municipality may incur general obligation bond debt only after a bond authorization ordinance is approved by a
majority vote at an election. Any municipal voter may vote in the bond election, except as otherwise provided by law.
- (b) Before a general obligation bond issue election, the governing body shall have published a notice of the total
existing bond indebtedness at least once a week for three consecutive weeks. The first notice shall be published at
least 20 days before the date of the election. A notice must include
- (1) the current total general obligation bonded indebtedness, including authorized but unsold bonds of the municipality;
- (2) the cost of the debt service on the current indebtedness;
- (3) the total assessed value of property in the municipality.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.