- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 40. Planning, Platting, and Land Use Regulation
- Section 140. Hearing and Determination.
previous: Section 130
. Notice of Hearing.
next: Section 150
AS 29.40.140. Hearing and Determination.
- (a) The platting authority shall consider the alteration or replat petition at a hearing and make its decision on the
merits of the proposal.
- (b) Vacation of a city street may not be made without the consent of the council. Vacation of a street in the borough
area outside all cities may not be made without the consent of the assembly. The governing body shall have 30 days
from the decision of the platting authority in which to veto a vacation of a street. If no veto is received by the
platting authority within the 30-day period, consent is considered to have been given to the vacation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.