Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 885. Bylaws and Regulations.
previous: Section 880
. Continuation of Collective Bargaining Agreements; Application of AS 23.40.070
next: Section 890
. Authority Subject to Public Records and Open Meeting Laws.
AS 29.35.885. Bylaws and Regulations.
- (a) A board shall adopt bylaws and appropriate regulations consistent with the enabling ordinance to carry out
its functions and purposes.
- (b) A board shall adopt bylaws as soon after the authority is established as possible and may, from time to
time, amend those bylaws. The bylaws may contain any provision not in conflict with law for managing the business of the authority and
for conducting the affairs of the authority, including provisions relating to
- (1) the time, place, and manner of calling, conducting, and giving notice of meetings of the board and committees
of the board, if any;
- (2) the compensation of directors, if any;
- (3) the appointment and authority of committees of the board, if any;
- (4) the appointment, duties, compensation, and tenure of officers, directors, the chief executive officer, and
other employees, if any;
- (5) procedures for adopting regulations;
- (6) procedures for adopting bylaws;
- (7) procedures for making annual reports and financial statements; and
- (8) other matters for the conduct of business by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.