Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 870. Exemption from Taxation.
previous: Section 865
. No Taxing Authority.
next: Section 875
. Administration of Regional Solid Waste Management Authorities; Board.
AS 29.35.870. Exemption from Taxation.
- (a) An authority exercising the powers granted by the enabling ordinance under AS 29.35.800 - 29.35.925 is in all respects for the benefit of the people of
the municipalities participating in the authority and the people of the state in general, for their well-being and prosperity, and for
the improvement of their social and economic condition. The real and personal property of an authority and its assets, income, and
receipts are exempt from all taxes and special assessments of the state or a political subdivision of the state.
- (b) Bonds issued by the authority under AS 29.35.825 are issued for an essential public and governmental purpose;
therefore, the bonds, the interest and income from them, and all fees, charges, funds, revenue, income, and other money pledged or
available to pay or secure the payment of the bonds or interest on them are exempt from taxation except for inheritance, transfer, and
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of (a) of this section, an authority and the municipalities participating in
the authority may enter into agreements under which the authority agrees to pay the participating municipalities' payments in lieu of
taxes and special assessments on real and personal property of the authority that is within the taxing jurisdiction of the municipality.
- (d) Nothing in this section creates a tax exemption with respect to the interests of a business enterprise or
other person, other than the authority, in property, assets, income, or receipts, whether or not financed under AS 29.35.800 - 29.35.925.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.