Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 200. First Class Borough Powers.
previous: Section 180
. Land Use Regulation.
next: Section 210
. Second Class Borough Powers.
AS 29.35.200. First Class Borough Powers.
- (a) A first class borough may exercise by ordinance on a nonareawide basis any power not otherwise prohibited by law.
- (b) A first class borough may by ordinance exercise the following powers on an areawide basis:
- (1) provide transportation systems;
- (2) provide water pollution control;
- (3) provide air pollution control in accordance with AS 46.14.400
- (4) license day care facilities;
- (5) license, impound, and dispose of animals.
- (c) In addition to powers conferred by (b) of this section, a first class borough may, on an areawide basis, exercise a
power not otherwise prohibited by law if the power has been acquired in accordance with AS 29.35.300.
- (d) A first class borough that exercises power necessary to contain, clean up, or prevent a release or threatened release
of oil or a hazardous substance, and exercises a power granted to a municipality under AS 46.04, AS 46.08, or AS 46.09 shall exercise its authority in a manner that is consistent
with a regional master plan prepared by the Department of Environmental Conservation under AS 46.04.210
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.