Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 40. Emergency Disaster Powers.
previous: Section 30
. Eminent Domain.
next: Section 50
. Garbage and Solid Waste Services.
AS 29.35.040. Emergency Disaster Powers.
- (a) A municipality that is wholly or partially in an area that is declared by the President or governor to be a disaster
area may participate in and provide for housing, urban renewal, and redevelopment in the same manner as a home rule
city. The exercise of these powers by a borough shall be on a nonareawide basis, except a borough may exercise the
powers transferred to it by a city as provided by AS 29.35.310
- (b) Powers granted by this section must be initiated within a period of not more than five years after the date of
declaration of a natural disaster by the President or governor, but these powers may be extended for an additional
period of not more than three years.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.