Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 290. Sufficiency of Petition.
previous: Section 280
. Signature Requirements.
next: Section 300
. New Recall Petition Application.
AS 29.26.290. Sufficiency of Petition.
- (a) The copies of a recall petition shall be assembled and filed as a single instrument. A petition may not be filed
within 180 days before the end of the term of office of the official sought to be recalled. Within 10 days after the
date a petition is filed, the municipal clerk shall
- (1) certify on the petition whether it is sufficient; and
- (2) if the petition is insufficient, identify the insufficiency and notify the contact person by certified mail.
- (b) A petition that is insufficient may be supplemented with additional signatures obtained and filed before the 11th day
after the date on which the petition is rejected if
- (1) the petition contains an adequate number of signatures, counting both valid and invalid signatures; and
- (2) the supplementary petition is filed more than 180 days before the end of the term of office of the official sought to
- (c) A petition that is insufficient shall be rejected and filed as a public record unless it is supplemented under (b) of
this section. Within 10 days after the supplementary filing the clerk shall recertify the petition. If it is still
insufficient, the petition is rejected and filed as a public record.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.