Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 270. Recall Petition.
previous: Section 260
. Application For Recall Petition.
next: Section 280
. Signature Requirements.
AS 29.26.270. Recall Petition.
- (a) If the municipal clerk determines that an application for a recall petition meets the requirements of AS 29.26.260
, the clerk shall prepare a recall petition. All copies of the petition must contain
- (1) the name of the official sought to be recalled;
- (2) the statement of the grounds for recall as set out in the application for petition;
- (3) the date the petition is issued by the clerk;
- (4) notice that signatures must be secured within 60 days after the date the petition is issued;
- (5) spaces for each signature, the printed name of each signer, the date of each signature, and the residence and mailing
addresses of each signer;
- (6) a statement, with space for the sponsor's sworn signature and date of signing, that the sponsor personally circulated
the petition, that all signatures were affixed in the presence of the sponsor, and that the sponsor believes the
signatures to be those of the persons whose names they purport to be; and
- (7) space for indicating the number of signatures on the petition.
- (b) The clerk shall notify the contact person in writing when the petition is available. That person is responsible for
notifying sponsors. Copies of the petition shall be provided by the clerk to each sponsor who appears in the clerk's
office and requests a petition, and the clerk shall mail the petition to each sponsor who requests that the petition be
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.