Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 50. Voter Qualification.
previous: Section 40
. Date of Regular Election.
next: Section 60
. Runoff Elections.
AS 29.26.050. Voter Qualification.
- (a) A person may vote in a municipal election only if the person
- (1) is qualified to vote in state elections under AS 15.05.010
- (2) has been a resident of the municipality for 30 days immediately preceding the election;
- (3) is registered to vote in state elections at a residence address within a municipality at least 30 days before the
municipal election at which the person seeks to vote; and
- (4) is not disqualified under art. V of the state constitution.
- (b) Voter registration by the municipality may not be required. However, in order to vote for a candidate or on a ballot
measure relating to a specific local election district or service area, a municipality may by ordinance require that a
person be registered to vote in state elections at least 30 days before the municipal election at an address within the
boundaries of that local election district or service area. The municipality has the responsibility to determine if a
voter meets the requirements of the ordinance and this section.
- (c) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.